Join a FUN, EDUCATIONAL, and ENRICHING program
Get a Hands-on Learning Experience about:
A Year in Black History
Social Action – Mock Elections/Trials
College Campus Tour
and much more…
The Delta Academy is designed to offer opportunities to young women (ages 11-14) of great promise who might otherwise be excluded because they lack support, resources, and encouragement. The Delta Academy recognizes the disadvantages many young women in various communities face because of gender, income, age, and parental resources despite the personal potential of the girls themselves.
The Delta GEMS Institute is a continuum of services that address the needs of young African American women in grades 9 through 12 with a framework for the participants to discover and understand their individual brilliance by embracing the GEMS themes…growing and empowering myself.
The EMBODI (Empowering Males to Build Opportunities for Developing Independence) program is designed to refocus the efforts of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc., with the support and action of other major organizations, on the plight of African-American males. EMBODI addresses issues related to STEM education, culture, self-efficacy, leadership, physical and mental health, healthy lifestyles choices, character, ethics, relationships, college readiness, fiscal management, civic engagement and service learning.
Areas of Focus
- Community Service
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math
- Decision Making/Critical thinking
- Setting college and career goals
- Broadening life experiences
- Managing finances
- Campus Tours: University of Southern California
- Campus Tours: University of California Irvine
- Participation in Youth State in Sacramento
- Workshops on global issues that affect youth
- Parent workshops on topics such as “How to finance your child’s college education”
- 2013 National First Place Exemplary Program -Delta GEMS
- 2013 Regional First Place Award -Delta GEMS and EMBODI
- 2017 Regional Exemplary Programs- Delta Academy, Delta GEMS, and EMBODI